4/30/2016

Health coach diary

Feeling like things are getting better and more orderly in this new life. For one my way of thinking is starting to change. I am excited about things I can do with Ivan rather than sad about the things I can't do.

A few major steps this month

1. Long story but ended up at my doctor office and am now on a low dose of antidepressants. I have an appointment to see a therapist this week.

2. Joined a gym where there is really affordable child care. Me and the treadmill have gotten to be good friends and I am okay with that.

3. Went to see the PT. The appointment wasn't as productive as I was hoping but I met a couple of really cool new people and did get a few more core and some shoulder exercises to do. Also some advice on breastfeeding to help my back, shoulders, and neck.

4. Have been working a little bit with the nanny watching Ivan. I have been practicing pumping at work and be efficient at work. I now look forward to the time I get to spend with him which is a really good balance.

Every once in a while I get a bit down and overwhelmed but nap time and bedtime are getting more consistent which is helpful for a schedule and my own time to eat etc.

I think Ivan and I will try doing the Mothers day 5k together which will be special for all the reasons described above.

No comments:

Post a Comment